Hey interweb friends. I'm back again with another installment of "Cooking With DJ Intel". This time around I'm trying my hand at making a vegetarian and I guess vegan version of the Chicago Italian classic, chicken vesuvio. Here we go.
• 2 to 3 packages of Seitan (you can make your own if that's your bag)
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• enough canola oil for frying
• 3 or 4 large Idaho or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
• 2 clove garlic, peeled and mashed
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1/2 to 3/4 cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
Next you want to place the potatoes in a roasting pan with the wine, about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and oregano. Toss everything in the sauce. Wrap in foil and place in the over for about 10 minutes.
Yep. Just like this.
While your potatoes are in the oven getting their roast on add some olive oil to your pan from before. Be sure to dump the canola from before and give the pan a good wipe down. Once the olive oil is hot add your seitan and give it a nice sear. Also you want to chop your parsley at this time.
I'm sure there's probably a better way to do this or improve it, but this is what I came up with. Feel free to leave me a comment or a message about how yours turned out or any improvements you've made.