Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Maker & Qwel's So Be It Album...



Let me start this off with saying yes these dudes are me friends. That is not clouding my judgement here. I can separate the friendship from the music. That said, HOLY SHIT this is a great album. Maker's production is some of the best I've heard in a long while on a hip hop album. Not too much rap has excited me this year, MF Doom being the exception. This album is on point. Qwel comes across coherent and well thought out. He keeps the double time fast rap to a minimum. The frequent Wes Restless vocals are haunting, mesmerizing and so well placed. This is adult backpack hip hop. Solid. Nice work dudes. Definitely scoop a copy when it drops.

It drops September 1st. Do it.

2 comments:

dwellephant said...

I ain't as familiar with Qwel, but I'm a big fan of Maker. And those audio clips on Amazon are makin' me pay for this one, gladly.

dj intel said...

It is well worth it my friend.

THANKS FOR PLAYING