Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Been a Movie Spree...

I use to hit the cinema two to three times a week, but lately I've fallen out of practice. I made it a point this last week to change this. Here's a few of my favorite flicks that I've seen.

First up on my viewing schedule was a French film called "Un Prophete". It was nominated for an Oscar at this year's Academy Awards. It was really great. I fully recommend it. A+.



Second up was "THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO". It's a Swedish film that I really knew nothing about except from it being a novel during my bookstore days. I'm giving this one an A-.



Next I took in a documentary about the Dr. Albert Barnes' art collection and it's handling in by Philadelphia's art scene. I really knew nothing about this story walking into it but I left feeling a bit smarter and a lot of outraged. It gets a DJ Intel B+.



I rounded out the week by seeing the latest film from the director of the "Squid and the Whale", "Greenberg". It didn't do much for me. It's a rental. It gets a DJ Intel C.

1 comment:

THANKS FOR PLAYING