Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's Been Fun July...

It hasn't been the greatest July on record for Chicago, but that hasn't stopped us from having fun here at Camp DJ Intel.


We started off the month celebrating Dark Matter's anniversary.  Beer, coffee and tunes were flowing.  You can check out the set I played by clicking HERE.


I left the block party and headed on over to this formal get down.  It was a great party.  Everybody dance well into the night.  Two hours passed close to be exact.  So much fun.




The following Day Freestyle Session made it's Chicago debut.  Everybody brought.  Solid event and I hope Cros One continues to bring it through to Chicago.  If you're looking for event video I'm sure you can find some on YouTube.  Good luck.


Void Pedal on the beats.



Mike Relm killing it.


July 11 I got to DJ with the homies Void Pedal and Mike Relm at The Mid.  Relm never cease not to entertain and amaze me.  If you haven't seen him definitely look him up.  Next level video DJn.


Then it was of to Montreal, Canada for the Just For Laughs Festival.


I was the DJ for the international bboy and all styles dance event.


Montreal is a beautiful city.


How can you not love a country that has free coffee and beer in the airport.  Big ups Porter Airlines.


A view from Mt Royal.


Their new plastic currency.  It's pretty bad ass looking.




Since I'm currently in marathon training I took advantage of Mt Royal in downtown Montreal.  It is awesome.  If you like running and hiking this is the place to go.  Just don't trip and roll down hill.  Hahaha.  You'll get looks and people trying to help you up in French.  


They do have questionable pizza... I still ate it though.




Oh yes.  Poutine happened.  Well worth the Three mile walk there to get it.




The battle was a two day event.  It was great.  So many talented dancers from all over the globe.  A highlight for me was getting to work with host MC Trix.  The original Battle of the Year MC.  Hip hop bucket list stuff.  

Here are the final rounds from the event.  I make a cameo in the all style final minutes.



That's how we do.  Cheers to everybody who made it out to Rodan this past Saturday.  It was a beast.  See you in August.

No comments:

THANKS FOR PLAYING